BabyBrace® is a medical grade device available by prescription only, which is designed to offer your back comfort and support during the stresses of pregnancy. A majority of pregnant women report experiencing back pain at some point during their pregnancy. BabyBrace® addresses this painful issue by correcting the bio-mechanical deficiency, thus reducing symptoms.
From Our Founder, Victor Morales Hayes, M.D. Board Certified Spinal Surgeon
Back pain is the most common cause of job-related disability and a leading contributor to missed work days. One tool at the disposal of orthopedists, is to use bracing to alleviate pain promoting better function. Pregnancy related back pain is a very common yet complex disorder which can be debilitating and difficult to treat. Despite advances in technology which have vastly improved treatments in medicine, pregnancy related back pain treatments have not advanced, leaving patients and doctors with few safe and effective options. Traditional orthopedic braces and over the counter "supports" are not designed to treat pregnancy related back pains.
Since treatment option were limited in the past, I had previously advised patients to order “A Support” online to help alleviate pregnancy related back pain. However, when I reviewed and tested several of these supports on my own, I found they were generally difficult to use and were not designed appropriately. The main reason these supports fail to help most patients is they are not designed to improve the bio-mechanics (center of gravity) which causes the back pain. The second most common reason supports don’t help patients is that they don’t fit appropriately, particularly the one-size-fits-all supports. That’s why I developed BabyBrace®
Features and Benefits of BabyBrace®
- This a modular brace (not a Support) and was designed by me (an Orthopaedic Surgeon). I designed the brace to check “all the boxes” that competitor supports fail to do.
- It works by supporting the under-surface of the belly (like cradling hands), improving the patient’s bio-mechanics and center of gravity.
- BabyBrace® is easy to use and not confusing at all.
- Can be easily adjusted to conform to patients of different sizes, stature, and body weight, including through the course of pregnancy and post-natal changes.
- BabyBrace® is a 2 and 1 brace that can be used postpartum because the majority of patients who have pregnancy related back pain will also have post-natal pain.
- The post-natal panels can be used to treat symphysis pubis diastases (a separation of the pubic bones) which is a frequently under-diagnosed complication after vaginal delivery and extremely painful to women.
- BabyBrace® can be beneficial to high risk pregnant patients who are likely to develop severe back pains as well as patients with prior back pain/injuries, prior back surgery, obesity, smokers, and multiple pregnancies.
- FDA approved device
- Covered by most insurance including Medicaid (with appropriate medical documentation).
BabyBrace offers bi-modal orthotic support where you need it most. Protect your spine’s curvature and eliminate back pain comfortably.
Don't Let Back Pain Ruin Your Pregnancy
During Pregnancy approximately 50-80% of women will experience lower back pain
This number increases with risk factors:
- Prior herniated disc
- History of back pain
- Prior Injury
The most frequent cause of Pregnancy Related Back Pain (PRBP) during pregnancy is actually caused by alterations in the body habitus. These alterations are a direct result of the pregnancy itself.
Why BabyBrace® Works
Increased belly weight during pregnancy shifts the center of gravity (COG) anteriorly (toward the front). The body compensates for this by increasing lordotic curvature and rotating the pelvis anteriorly. BabyBrace® dynamically contours to the patient, placing the COG in a more natural and physiologically appropriate position. This reduces stresses on the spine's supporting muscles, thereby alleviating pain.
BabyBrace® device is an FDA approved Medical Grade Device designed to:
- Improve the COG changes that cause back pain
- Adjust to patient (Size & Shape) changes
- Adapt to the body habitus variations during pregnancy
- Provide Modularity for post-natal use